If you are after the best dance pole for home use, in most cases, you can purchase a stainless steel or chrome dance pole from Amazon or eBay and have it shipped to your home.
The best part is you can do this for even less than what a high street store would charge. This is due in part, to the companies being able to ship directly from their warehouses and thus, saving on shop costs. For dancers on budgets, this may be an attractive option.
- Best Dance Pole For Home Use On Amazon: At A Glance
- How Much Does A Dance Pole Cost?
- Deciding If A Dance Pole Is Right For You
- Static Pole Vs. Spinning Pole: Which Should You Buy?
- What Size Dance Pole Should I Buy?
- Pole Coating, Material & Finishes
- Buying Online: Amazon
- Buying Online: Direct From Manufacturer
- Buyer FAQs
Best Dance Pole For Home Use On Amazon: At A Glance
Depending on your needs, you have a few options on Amazon alone. Quality-wise, the best dance poles you can get on Amazon are by Lupit Pole. However, there are some well-rated cheaper poles for anybody who just wants to test the pole waters before committing to it fully.
Most dance poles available online are easy to install and remove independently so you do not need to worry about having a huge pole in the middle of your lounge when your grandparents come to visit!
The assembly instructions are pretty clear so you do not need to worry, and you can safely have your own removable pole at home!
How Much Does A Dance Pole Cost?
Online, dance poles range from as little as $80 all the way to professional poles at just under $600. In some cases, you will need to factor in shipping costs but the majority of the time dance pole sellers offer free shipping included.
Are There Any Other Costs?
It is not uncommon for a beginner to suffer from calluses or blisters and chalk is a great way to prevent this. A pole dance crash mat is another optional purchase for beginners to cushion the many falls but honestly, some cushions will do just fine if you don’t have the cash to splash.
Some dancers (intermediate to advanced level) do also like to buy dance pole straps so they can change up their dancing routine by spinning; pole straps are also readily available on Amazon but not necessary.
Deciding If A Dance Pole Is Right For You
Pole dancing (also known as pole fitness) is not difficult but it does require strong muscles in your core and upper body. It is designed to improve your flexibility, sense of balance, and coordination as well as your strength so if you are looking for a rigorous workout; jumping around on a pole could be the workout you need (and it’s pretty fun too!)
Pole dancing is also a great way to tone and shape your legs, arms, and abs. Most dancers say they feel confident after just two weeks of daily practice, not to mention, since the pandemic and lockdown situation, many pole dance teachers have gone online and offer virtual classes that you can do at home with your own pole.
You can also find local pole fitness teachers that do mobile bookings and can come to you. It is usually best if a group of around three friends pays for a group session at a discount. You can make a fortnightly girls’ night in, drinks, music (sounds like a good time, amirite?)
Static Pole Vs. Spinning Pole: Which Should You Buy?
A spinning pole has two distinct types – static and rotating/spinning. Static poles are fixed while spinning ones allow for more advanced moves as you gain experience with this sport.
As you cannot do many advanced moves on static poles, they tend to be more affordable and thus, the better option for a beginner. You can try out pole dancing without a huge upfront investment and then once you become more advanced, use a spinning pole.
Luckily you don’t need to bear the cost of two poles, as most new poles come with both modes, static and spinning, this allows you to easily convert between spinning mode and static mode using an alan key or hex wrench.
You can easily tighten and loosen the screw to go into and out of the static mode. This is especially great for beginners who want to first work on strengthening their core with static mode before moving on to more advanced spins in spinning mode.
What Size Dance Pole Should I Buy?
Your best bet is to buy a pole that has a threaded rod is built in it.
This allows you to adjust the height of the pole to suit your ceiling Simply insert the fixing rod and rotate it into place, which allows you to extend or contract the pole to fit it into any space.
Many poles also come with extensions or you can buy an extension separately if you have a particularly high ceiling.
Dance poles are available in three different diameters:
The most common is the 45mm diameter pole and, this is the standard size you will find in the majority of dance competitions or pole dance studios.
The 45mm size is the industry standard, so this is what you want to aim for if you are a beginner and want to be able to do the moves you learn at home out there in the real world, comfortably!
In the case that you have small hands and require a smaller grip, then a 40mm might be what you want. A beginner might find 40mm a bit easier to start off with, too – but if in doubt, stick to the standard!
Pole Coating, Material & Finishes
There are numerous pole finishes to select from, each with its own level of traction. It’s a question of personal preference which one suits your needs.
The main finishes include but aren’t limited to:
- Titanium-gold coated
- Stainless steel
Chrome Dance Poles
The most common finish found on poles is chrome, and, it’s the most popular choice for home dance studios as well.
Chrome is a very nice finish that provides a lot of grip and is easy to maintain. There are variations of chrome such as brushed chrome which doesn’t offer much grip but does look shiny!
Because they offer such good grip, chrome poles are a good shout for beginners and intermediate dancers who want to work on new tricks.
Titanium Gold-Finished Dance Poles
If you’re looking for a pole that is easy to clean, looks pretty, and keeps its shine, then you might be interested in a titanium-gold finish.
This type of coating offers great grip but also costs a bit more than the standard chrome coating.
Stainless Steel Dance Poles
Stainless steel dance poles do not offer as much grip as chrome or titanium gold-finished poles, however, there are many on the market, often competitively priced. And, if grip is your issue, you can purchase a grip aid or chalk.
The good thing about buying a stainless steel pole is that if you practice on it continuously without the use of a grip aid, your grip strength will increase, making it a good investment for the future.
Brass Dance Poles
Brass dance poles are the best choice as they are really solid and sturdy. They also offer an superior grip, so they are a great choice for beginners.
Brass is one of the most common used materials for poles because it’s much cheaper than stainless.
Buying Online: Amazon
Best-Selling Dance Poles On Amazon For Home Use
These are the most popular dance poles on sale right now.
Yaheetech Professional Stripper Pole Spinning Static Dancing Pole Portable Removable 45mm Dance Pole Kit for Exercise Club Party Pub Home w/Tools
- Safe & Sturdy: This professional dance pole is crafted from heavy-duty steel with chrome finish for a regular grip and high strength and durability. And thanks to its long solid threaded connections, you can be sure it's stable when in use.
- 2 Modes For Great Versatility: The steel dance pole has both spinning and static modes for beginners and professionals. The static mode is great for building up strength and perfecting tricks, and once you're ready, the spinning mode adds a graceful flow to your movements.
- Easy-to-assemble & Removable: The dance pole is super easy to assemble and even easier to remove! You can break it down into pieces for simple moving and storage without any complicated bolts, screws, or drilling.
- Domes With Silicone Rubber: The rim of the top and base domes is carefully wrapped with silicone rubber to keep both the ceiling and floor free of any permanent markings. Plus, the silicone rubber adds some extra friction, making the whole setup even more stable.
- Tips: The product needs to be placed in a dry environment during use. After use, wipe the sweat on the product with a dry rag in time to keep it dry and avoid rust.
Yaheetech Dance Pole Spinning Static Dancing Pole Portable Removable for Home Club Bar Gym 44.5-108.3� Height Adjustable & Weight Capacity 500lb
- 💃Specifications: Color: silver; Material: chrome-plated steel; Pole diameter: 45mmWeight capacity: 500lb; Overall dimensions: 15.5" L x 15.5" W x 85"-108.5"H/ 1.3' L x 1.3' W x 7'-9' H
- 💃Substantial quality with fine workmanship: The portable dancing pole is constructed of seamless steel tubes in a glossy chrome finish, featuring a smooth surface to ensure the safety of your every move. Once properly assembled, this dance pole can hold up to 230kg/500lb.
- 💃Spinning & Static Modes: You can switch the spinning mode and stationary mode through a twist on the bottom screw with the tool included. The static mode is suitable for beginners to learn new tricks and the spinning mode adds elegance to your movements.
- 💃Protective silicone rubber rings: The top and base domes are carefully equipped with silicone rubber rings to prevent the ceiling and floor from scratches, scuffs or other permanent markings, and also provide extra friction between the ceiling/floor and the domes, improving the overall stability.
- 💃Simple assembly: We provide illustrated assembly instructions and all necessary parts and hardware to help you set up dance pole for home without difficulties. The bottom height adjustment method makes sure that the pole requires no ladder for the setup.
SereneLife Professional Upgrade Spinning Dance Pole - Portable & Removable Stripper Fitness Pole, Adjustable & Smooth Connection, Great for Training & Exercise
- DURABLE & HEAVY-DUTY - Solid steel construction finished with steel tube for ultimate anti-rust performance while delivering an outstanding load capacity of 617 lbs.; seamless surface offers comfortable hand feeling and superior safety
- REMOVABLE AND PORTABLE: Adjustable height from 82'' to 108'' - suitable for dance sport exercise at home and gym, or show in club party pub, easily transport it anywhere you go
- EASY TO INSTALL: The dance pole is easy to put up and take down, no ceiling device, with installation manual. Easy to store and save space. Suitable for beginners, professional dancers, and pole fitness lovers
- EXQUISITE WORKMANSHIP: Screw together tubes high precision joints(almost seamless) providing a comfortable feel and will not scratch the dancer’s hands. Silicone ring at the bottom of the dome and base plate
- OTHER FEATURES: Anti-corrosion and anti-rust surface. Increasing strength and flexibility. Practical Design for building muscles keeps fit and healthy. Available ceiling height: 81.5’’-88.6’’, 88.4’’-95.5’’, 94.9’’-101.97’’, 101.77’’-108.27’’ -inches
Stripper Pole Static Spinning Pole Dance Pole for Home Bedroom, 45mm Removable Beginners and Professional Dancing Pole for Party Club Exercise, Heavy-Duty Max Load 400 lbs
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT - Pole height from 7´to 9´, this dance pole with extension accommodate popcorn/wooden/concrete flat ceiling and floor. You even can adjust the height freely and easily at the bottom of pole.
- HEAVY-DUTY & SAFE FOR BEGINNERS - Pole supports up to 400lb weight, ф9" base and ф15.3" top dome will keep pole's stability, dancers can spin, jump, climb and do other practical moves on the pole smoothly.
- EASY TO SET SPIN/STATIC MODE- 2 modes choice to get double fun. You can use the dancing pole as spinning or static mode. It is easy to change in 2s by lock/unlock the ring on the bottom.
- SIMPLE TO INSTALL/TAKE DOWN - Come with tool set for installation. Unlike other dance poles in market,this is a new style pole for home has simple process to install!! Just connect pole parts together and you can setup the pole yourself in 20 minutes.
- FOR BEGINNER AND PROS - Steel pipe and shaft, all parts are well made. Whoever you are a pro or beginners, you can use the pole to dance in home gym, bedroom, club, etc.
NChanmar Stripper Pole,Spinning Static Dancing Pole Professional Dance Pole Removable 45mm for Home Gym Club Bar,440LBS Weight Capacity
- 【Durable Steel】Our Dancing Pole is made from high-quality, sturdy steel pipe for durability & rust-resistance. Can load up to 440 lbs horizontally
- 【Adjustable Height】Easy to install and to store, no need for drilling and does no harm to your ceiling and floor. The height of the stripper pole can be adjusted from 7.2 up to 9 feet with 3 extension poles to accommodate different ceiling height
- 【Static Or Spinning】 Lets you switch between static & spinning modes. Adjust the screw nuts on the bottom base to achieve the spinning or static status, suitable for beginners to finish entry-level actions or to achieve professional & difficult poses
- 【Beginner-Friendly】This professional dance pole is suitable for beginners, professional dancers, and pole fitness enthusiasts. Perfect for stage performance, teaching, physical exercise at home, club, bar, gym, dance studio
- 【100% Satisfaction Guarantee】Due to the unpredictability of transportation, some damages and dents are difficult to completely avoid. If you receive any damaged or dented parts, please feel free to contact us.
But experience tells us the cheapest or most sold is not always the best! In fact, the best dance poles to buy on Amazon are ones made by one of the leading brands, Lupit Pole.
So, if you have an Amazon Gif Card that you are hoping to redeem, skip the cheapies out and stick with a reputable brand – in the long run, you will be grateful!
Our Top Pick: Best Dance Pole For Home Use
Lupit Pole G2
Our top pick from Amazon, is this powder-coated professional dance pole by Lupit Pole, and the reasons why are plentiful!
Not only is it one of the top dance poles for sale, but it’s also made in Europe to guarantee the highest quality.
LUPIT POLE | Standard Lock Classic Dance Pole | 45 mm Powder Coated (Black), G2 Dancing Pole, Multi-Piece Dance Pole, Spinning and Static Mode, Easy Installation, No Drilling, Length - 9'2.24''
- SPIN-STATIC, MULTI-PIECE, REMOVABLE, PORTABLE DANCE POLE - It was designed to be ultra-sticky for pole dancers who really struggle with gripping all different types of metal poles. It is the best choice If you're planning to do a lot of poles exercising at home. It has an excellent grip and has a very smooth texture.
- NEW POWDER COATED - Only Lupit Pole exclusively presents this revolutionary product with totally new tube material and innovations applied to the product, which is now 100% Nickel Allergy Free, with a sustainable surface, 100% peeling and chipping free surface and incredible grip.
- QUICK INSTALLATION WITHOUT DRILLING - Pole has been designed for quick installation without drilling, in just a few minutes by a single person. Quality surface, unique upper disc Flex System and NEW Safety Block Nut ensures quicker installation and maximum safety to the dancer. For ceilings higher than 2800mm/9'2,24'' check out our extension in related products and extend your pole up to 3300mm/10'9,92''.
- SMOOTHER DESIGN - The cover fits the lower part - no more gap, the cover does not get unscrewed during the exercise. Suitable for beginners, professional dancers and pole fitness lovers. You could use it for physical workout at home, club, bar or gym.
- MADE IN EUROPE - Guaranteed EU standards of manufacturing, labor practice and environment-friendly production.
You’ll absolutely love this black beauty because it can be used for beginners, intermediate-advanced dancers, and professionals alike, thanks to its dual spinning and static modes.
The Lupit Pole G2 is perfect for home use and can be installed without the hassle of drilling into your ceiling. It’s also safe to install because it comes with an easy-to-follow installation instructions manual.
The pole is super secure thanks to its perfect multi-piece design and unique tube joint system that guarantees zero wobbling during use. Thanks to its smooth design, you’ll feel comfortable gripping the pole all the way to its tip.
This professional dance pole allows you to change from spinning to static and vice versa in seconds (no need to get out your alan key/hex wrench – I ALWAYS have trouble keeping those little things safe), thanks to its patented Quick-Lock technology.
This new and improved Quick-Lock technology is now standard on professional and home Lupit Pole G2 models made from 2021 onwards.
It also features a truly unique and ultra-smooth joint system that absorbs bending force and distributes it equally, making for a strong pole even with its medium 45mm diameter.
And as if all of this wasn’t enough, the Lupit Pole G2 is made from premium quality materials that add to both its strength and durability.
Powder-Coated, Though!? Yup!
The new and improved Pole is made of sustainable material, has a 100% chipping or peeling-free surface, and offers incredible grip. It is also 100% Nickel Allergy Free.
The powder coat material is an eco-friendly, high-density composite that offers a beautiful, matte finish and of course, a better grip with less slip.
So, if you have tried other poles, like the stainless steel or chrome and it still feels like they’ve been slathered with cooking oil, you are in luck; these poles have been designed for pole dancers who struggle with gripping other types of metal poles.
I truly believe the G2 to be the best dance pole for home use.
- Pole diameter: 45mm
- No drilling into the ceiling required
- Quick-Lock technology
- Dual mode (static/spinning)
- Powder-coat material
- Numbered diamond markings to help dancers calibrate the correct height
- 100% Nickel allergy free
- Unisex, perfect for both men and women.
Key Benefits To You
- Quick, easy and safe floor to ceiling installation.
- No mess or damage to your property or rented accommodation as it does not require drilling into place.
- Be safe when switching modes, no wobbly pole and secure Quick-Lock technology.
- Save money in the long-run, mid-way price point for a professional-level pole.
The Lupit Pole G2 In Action
Buying Online: Direct From Manufacturer
If you are not limited to buying a dance pole on Amazon, I highly recommend going directly to the manufacturer. This way, you know you are getting the best value for your money and a solid reputable brand.
X-Pole is a worldwide renowned dance pole manufacturer that is always improving its products with cutting-edge technology.
X-Pole Dance Poles
The best dance pole for home use sold by X-Pole is the Xpert Pole as it offers both static and spinning-mode and is perfect for all levels of dancer.
The XPERT Pro Dance Pole is the result of many years of experience and customer feedback. The XPERT offers a sleeker upper dome and comes with the highest industry standard in spinning and static mechanism: X-LOCK.
High ceilings can make installation difficult; thus, they’ve created extensions to ensure you get your perfect height every time. By combining dance pole heights available between 7’ 6″ – 9′ 1” (extensions available for higher ceilings), dancers can typically get the perfect fit right out of the box!
Moreover, no tools are needed when setting up this pole thanks to the easy-to-follow instructions manuals/instructional videos that show just how simple it is to use your XPERT Pro.
Xpert Pole Finishes & Material
These poles are also available in a variety of finishes;
Chrome (Silver), Brass, Stainless Steel (Silver), Powder Coat PINK (Pink), Powder Coat BLACK (Black), Powder Coat WHITE (White).
In addition, X-Pole also offers a 6-month warranty from the date of purchase, which should give their buyers more confidence when making a purchase. With X-Pole Dance Poles, you know you are getting industry-leading quality and craftsmanship that is needed to perform on a pole without compromising safety or sturdiness.
Installation is easy, too – take a look at this video tutorial:
How Long Does A Dance Pole Last?
A dance pole can last well beyond fifteen years if well-maintained; cleaned, covered, put away, etc.
Can You Install A Dance Pole Yourself (DIY)?
Yes. All of the poles I share in this post are easy to install by anyone and can be installed alone. They come with everything you need to install, which includes the instructions and tools.
You do not need to do any drilling or screwing, they attach from floor to ceiling with suction pressure.
This is especially true for the Lupit Pole G2 which buyers boast has a set-up time of less than 30 minutes.
However, in the event that you are installing it in a room with carpet, you need to ensure you purchase a pole that does not reply on hard flooring.
Dance Poles Vs. Stripper Poles is there a difference?
Well, generally, when people refer to either, they use them interchangeably to mean the same thing. However, it was only really when X Pole made its way onto the market that we really saw a difference in quality sand function between poles.
As such, the difference between stripper poles used to dance around or as props for dances or photoshoots and poles used to perform advanced moves is in the build quality.
How Much Does A Stripper Pole Cost
Keeping the above in mind, since a stripper pole does not necessarily have to be heavy-duty and is likely to be used as a prop rather than a pole to practice spins and moves on, you can pick one of the cheaper ones up or a static pole (from the Amazon best sellers list above.)