Knees are sensitive joints that need protection when out on the dance floor, especially with a high-impact activity such as pole dancing. It is for this reason that knee pads are a must-have for many pole dancing enthusiasts.
Of course, a little knee pain is common from pole slips, and knees can get sore after hours of dancing because it’s such a high-impact sport, but knee pads can help to prevent serious injuries that could take you out of the game for weeks.
Knee pads will protect your knees from hitting poles and other surfaces when they bend too far and too fast or come down with too much force (trust me, it happens often).
They come in many different sizes, so it’s important to find the right one for you as the wrong knee pads could do more damage than good and hinder your polegress.
You also want to ensure you grab a good pair made with pole dancers in mind. These are knee pads that do not just provide protection, but also provide grip to assist you on the pole!
We have compiled a list of our top 3 favorite knee pads for pole dancing, all three are designed to protect and assist you during action by providing excellent grip so you don’t slip during a routine!
At A Glance
- At A Glance
- Best Knee Pads For Pole Dancing: Mighty Grip Pole Dance Full Tacky Knee Climbing Pads
- Runner Up #1: iMucci Professional Protective Knee Pads – 0.78 inch Thick Sponge Non-Slip Sports Dance Kneepad
- Runner Up #2: Bodyprox Protective Knee Pads, Thick Sponge Anti-Slip, Collision Avoidance Knee Sleeve
Best Knee Pads For Pole Dancing: Mighty Grip Pole Dance Full Tacky Knee Climbing Pads
Mighty Grip Pole Dance Full Tacky Knee Climbing Pads (Medium)
- Not bulky like other knee pads. Comfortable, sleek and effective for floor work and pole dancing.
- Cut-outs on the back of the pads allow you to grip the pole without slipping.
- This new design has a thicker pad and is contoured to cup your knee so it moves with your body.
- The tack strips are divided into sections enabling the sheath to flex as your knee bends and straightens.
- These knee pads have the Mighty Grip signature open back and quality construction.
Mighty Grip’s Pole Dance Full Tacky Knee Climbing Pads offer all these benefits plus more!
They are made with non-bulky materials that won’t get in your way while dancing, they have cut-outs on their backs so your hands can still grip the pole without slipping, they come in thick enough pads to contour to your knee as it bends and straightens, and they’re durable for any level of use (beginner or pro).
They also have cut-outs on their backs so that you can grip the pole without slipping and their tack strips are divided into sections that enable it to flex as your knee bends and straightens.
Runner Up #1: iMucci Professional Protective Knee Pads – 0.78 inch Thick Sponge Non-Slip Sports Dance Kneepad
iMucci Professional Protective Knee Pads - 0.78 inch Thick Sponge Non-Slip Sports Dance Kneepad
- ✔️1:MATERIAL: 57% polyester, 27%polyamide, 16% synthetic fibers;Size: 8.7’’ length Sleeve, upper perimeter 34-44cm/14-18inch, under perimeter 28-35cm/11-14inch,
- ✔️2:PACKAGE: sold in pairs Unisex design, good elastic, fit for most lady;
- ✔️3:FEATURE1: Made of high-density and elasticity thick sponge 2cm/0.78inch sponge; breathable fabric keeps skin dry and comfortable;
- ✔️4:FEATURE2: Minimalist and Ergonomic design, back with empty hole, front like a open mouth, no stress when bend your knees; feel freedom of movement. An ideal knee protector for ballet dance gym and outdoor sports or doing housework on hardwood floors; It’s like a mini set of pillows for your knees;
- ✔️5:FEATURE3: Quick and easy wear, excellent support and protection while kneeling, Protect and Prevent knee injuries during exercise. Keep warm, reduction muscular soreness and protect you from knee injuries during practice and competition. Abrasion-resistant and durable, super lightweight;
These protective knee pads from iMucci were designed to reduce the number of occurrences of injuries. They are made from thick sponge and durable fabric, these baby soft knee pads have an open design that provides a comfortable fit.
They offer moderate support and protection for everyday movements without having too much cushioning or a bulky build that might become annoying during extended wear.
Given the anti-slip grip on one side, they’re also great for outdoor sports such as soccer, basketball or even football games which involve kneeling frequently during play!
For pole dancers, however, this means they can assist you in dances on and off the pole, allowing you to kneel and slide with ease.
This also means if your studio uses a wooden floor, they may provide some protection against the cold hardness of it! Knee pads that protect but don’t get in the way? Perfect!!
Runner Up #2: Bodyprox Protective Knee Pads, Thick Sponge Anti-Slip, Collision Avoidance Knee Sleeve
Bodyprox Protective Knee Pads, Thick Sponge Anti-Slip, Collision Avoidance Knee Sleeve (Large)
- 1 Pair Kneepads (Left and right), Unisex design, two sizes available. Polyester 45%/ Rubber 25%/ EVA 30%.
- Your Safety is Our Priority-made of high-density strengthen foam, good elasticity, breathable fabric keeps skin dry, and more comfortable.
- Ergonomic design, super lightweight, provides freedom of movement. An ideal knee protector for outdoor sports.
- Protect and Prevent knee injuries during exercise. Keep warm, prevention and reduction of stiff muscles and joints. Effectively impact proof, increase blood circulation.
- Great Grip, Non-Slip Feature! Easily put the knee pads on and forget that you had them on! That’s how comfortable it is whilst in use. No constant re-adjustment needed as it firmly hugs the knee!
The Bodyprox knee pads are our second runner-up as they provide both protection and grip. However, they are considerably thicker than the other two choices and are more appropriate for higher impact sports.
For the average user, you might find that these get in the way of your pole dancing but for somebody who has an existing knee condition or injury, these would provide the perfect combination of support, flexibility, and protection from the impact of falls.
Knees take the brunt of the impact when you’re climbing, spinning, and descending on a pole. Knee pads not only protect your knees but also provide grip to help you stay secure on the pole.
Keep in mind, though – knee pads can only provide so much protection. They are a great addition to bring to your pole class along with your liquid chalk.
However, if you will be trying out advanced moves often (especially in spinning mode) in your home pole studio, we highly recommend that you invest in a pole dancing crash mat, also.