In this post, we have compiled a list of the best pole dancing classes in Philadelphia, PA. If you are hoping to start a pole fitness class this year and live in the area, any of these studios will be able to help you achieve your goals.
This article is regularly updated as studios are popping up all around the US, each offering their own unique vibe.
We feel it is vital to provide you several alternatives when thinking about taking a pole dancing course in Philadelphia, which is why we’ve taken customer feedback into account. In short, you are spoilt for choice!
These options should fit any dancer’s needs: whether it be a drop-in one-off class or an entire pole dancing course, either way, you will be in good hands with any of these studios and their professional instructors.
Use the table of contents below to skip right to our top 4 pole studios in Philadelphia!
- How To Choose A Good Pole Dance Class
- List Of The Best Pole Dance Classes In Philadelphia
How To Choose A Good Pole Dance Class
The overall atmosphere of the studio and surrounding area is a key factor when choosing any fitness activity. As such, we take all the feedback into account when rating each pole dance class – your experience should be one that you enjoy!
When it comes to pole dancing, it is of the utmost importance that you build a strong connection with your instructor. This enables them to better understand your needs and help you learn more about yourself as a dancer.
As such, a good pole dancing class should not only provide a great atmosphere but also brilliant instructors who are experienced and passionate about what they do.
Your Instructor’s Experience
This is an equally important factor when considering your pole dancing course. You will be required to put in a lot of hard work, so it’s vital that you have the most experienced and passionate instructor training you.
A good indicator of this is whether or not they are able to pass on their knowledge with ease, while making each lesson fun,
Make sure you look for studios that offer:
- Beginner classes: A good studio will typically start with beginner-level classes so you learn the basics before moving on to more advanced moves.
- Intensive courses: These are typically one-on-one lessons with a pole dance instructor.
- Specialty classes: If you’re looking to get into tricking or acro, there are many studios that offer specialty classes for this style of dancing. It all comes down to your needs.
- Other styles: Many studios offer other styles of fun dances either included in the pole dance class or separately so be on the lookout for these extra gems!
The Pricing Plans
The pricing plans of a pole studio can vary greatly – you should review what each studio offers to see how it can best fit into your budget.
You might not need a full course if you’re only looking for a single one-off class, which makes it important that studios offer different packages.
Location is important, especially if you are traveling by public transportation. Check the studio’s address and make a plan for your journey ahead of time. If necessary, look for parking or a subway station nearby.
Once you choose a pole studio to attend, you want to make sure you get on with the attendees. Many people say they have formed really good friendships during pole class.
It is also important that you feel comfortable enough to speak up should there be any concerns or questions during your lesson.
The Studio’s Reputation
Finally, it might not hurt to do a bit of research on the studio itself beyond what we have written below; you can read other people’s reviews online, look for Facebook pages related to the studio, etc.
List Of The Best Pole Dance Classes In Philadelphia
Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness
Whether you want to take a variety of classes every month or you plan to stick to a single pole dance routine, Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness has plenty of options for every pole dance enthusiast.
Inside this studio, you’ll see attendees swinging high in the sky in aerial classes, getting flirty in pole dancing classes, and attending a mixture of both with a speciality class pass.
In addition to offering class pass packages, attendees can also buy memberships that feature several class offerings. For example, the Venus Membership allows students to partake in any 5 classes in the studio for a 6-month term.
The Hera Membership is a six-month membership that consists of 10 classes per month. Still yet, the Athena Membership allows students to attend up to 16 classes per month with a 6-month commitment.
This facility is one where you can feel at home, no matter your place in your fitness journey. Not only is the goal of Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness to have fun and get in shape, but they also want to open the eyes of attendees to many kinds of performing arts.
They also have a studio in New Orleans which attendees speak equally as highly about!
Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness is a studio where everyone can feel free to be themselves. Empowering men and women by promoting self-awareness and body positivity, this pole dance studio provides a safe and supportive environment where attendees can grow at their own pace.
Skilled and certified instructors bring out the best in students in the Awakenings Pole Dance Fitness studio. Online reviewers state “Awakenings has something for everyone” and “If you have ever wanted to build muscle, have fun, be sexier, or join the circus – this is the place for you!”
4151 Main St., Philadelphia, PA 19127
Opened in 2012, Flaunt Fitness was founded by a pole dancer named Lauren “Pinki” Schiavo, who has 12+ years of pole dance experience. Specializing in pole dancing classes, Pinki offers classes to individuals aged 18+ of any shape, size, or fitness level.
Leading the way toward a healthier and happier you, Flaunt Fitness instructors are experts in their area. Classes consist of Intro to Pole, Pole Level 1, Pole Level 1-2, Pole 1+ Climbs Invert Sequence, and Pole, Handstands, and Arm Balancing.
In addition to individual classes, at Flaunt Fitness you’ll find fun and exciting private lessons and group lessons, too. A 1-hour private session will run about $75.00, while three 1-hour private lessons will cost about $180.00.
Additionally, group private lessons for two people will be $90, while 1-hour private lessons for 4 people will run $140.00.
The instructors at Flaunt Fitness give it their all to make each and every class one to remember. Pinki, the owner, teaches everything from Intro to Pole to Conditioning and Choreography.
Nurel W. also teaches Level 2 and Level 1+, while Katherine teaches contemporary pole, and Peggy teaches climbing and inverting. There are many more experienced and enthusiastic teachers to follow throughout a variety of classes at Flaunt Fitness. Too many to name, really!
Available classes span from Intro to Pole all the way to Liquid Motion to Pole Choreography. Flaunt Fitness isn’t just here to provide seductive fun, either.
Attendees of this class claimed “the instructors do a great job of making you feel comfortable.” When you’re ready to step into a pole fitness studio that is just like performing at the club, come on into Flaunt Fitness and get sexy.
1939 S. 17th. Street, Philadelphia, PA 19145
|Single Pole Class
|5 Class Pass
|10 Class Pass
|1 Month Unlimited All-Access Pass
The Pole Studio/ Pole Basics
If you’re looking for variety in the type of pole dancing class you attend in Philadelphia, PA, look no further than The Pole Studio. You can easily book classes online through this facility where you’ll find everything from Private Pole Dancing Classes to Twerk Parties to Pole Dance Parties for up to 8 guests.
Prices range from $75 for a (2) 1 hour and 15-minute Private Pole Dance Classes to two-hour Pole Dance Parties to up to 8 guests for $350. There is something for every class attendee to enjoy at The Pole Studio.
One thing that makes The Pole Studio different from other pole dancing classes is that they offer Pole Dance Choreo Class for those who want to advance their skills and a new Pamper Me Pole Parties Intimate Massage that is coming soon. If you’d like to have a Ladies Night Pole Party or Bachelorette Party you can even book that for 4 hours for $999.99
In Google reviews for The Pole Studio, one attendee said they booked a small group pole dance session, and they had “such a good time” and “felt empowered.”
Another client stated an instructor named Bleu taught an attendee named Tracey E “modifications for some stretches and pole moves to take home.” The instructors at this facility really care about the clients and their ability to perform pole moves safely.
The Pole Studio is a contemporary pole dancing facility where everyone can feel at home. Feeding into the modern side of pole dancing, The Pole Studio is a place you’ll want to be.
1611 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
|Private Pole Dance Class (2 Sessions)
|Private Pole Dance Sessions
|Small Group Pole Dance Party (4 Guests)
|Pole Dance Part (Up to 6 Guests)
Seduction Dance Studio
When you want to get in a great workout with the latest moves to the most recent R&B, hip hop, and rock artists, head into Seduction Dance Studio in Philadelphia, PA. Pole dancing is one of the hottest new trends across the nation and the craze for these classes is leading studios to pop up in many states, including Pennsylvania.
Seduction Dance Studio caters to the needs of those who are new to the practice or experienced veterans. Beginner students are placed with other beginners, intermediate students are placed with those of similar skill levels, and so forth.
There are also a few specialty classes you can choose from at Seduction Dance Studio. A Pole Twerk Specialty Class focuses on body movements and glute isolation, while also making you feel sexy with meaningful and powerful moves.
Heelz Dance Classes are also available, which include mixing creative choreography with strong poses or sensual movements. A seduction chair dance is even taught to help class attendees get in touch with their feminine and sensual side.
Currently, there are three instructors at Seduction Dance Studio, consisting of Lydia, Harley, and Amina. Each of these instructors is wildly capable but also specializes in their own niche.
Lydia has been a pole dancing teacher for 10 years, while Harley comes from the aerial industry. Still, Amina is a dance and choreographer who pours her heart into pole dancing choreography.
If you’re looking for an experience like no other, be sure to visit Seduction Dance Studio in Philadelphia, PA.
2129 E. Lehigh Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125
|Single Pole Classes
|5 Classes (One Per Week)
|1-Hour Private Session
Made Your Choice? Don’t Forget Your Pole Class Essentials…
HUEGLO Protective Knee Pads for Dancers,Volleyball Knee Pad for Girls,Soft Sponge Knee Pads for Avoid Floor Burns & Bruising,1Pair,Medium
- 【High Quality Material】The soft knee pads are made of high-quality and comfortable elastic fabrics, with ultra-cushion foam, will help you to kneel in comfort in any other surface such as cement, brick or hard earth and the soft.
- 【Ergonomic Design】Compared to others knee pads, There is a foldable line on the knee pads, which means it will stay in place to protect your knees when you bend your knee.
- 【Better Protection for Knees】Expanded polyethylene (EPE) reduces pain during a collision and provides the softest protection for your knees. Cut off the butterfly shape to provide the best freedom for your sport.
- 【5 Sizes Available】We have 5 sizes for all ages. Please measure your size before buying. Please note: ①Keep your legs vertical and don’t bend your knees; ②Find the center of the knee; ③Measure the thigh circumference 4 inches (10cm) above the center of the knee; ④Find the corresponding size on the Sizing Chart. S: 12"-13" (Fit for kids)/ M: 13"-15" / L: 15"-17" / XL: 17"-20"/ XXL: 20-23".
- 【Product Guarantee】Customer satisfaction is our optimum concern. Your business with us comes with our no-risk, no-question, asked Money Back Guarantee, and Top-Rated Customer Service.
iTac22 Pole Dance Fitness Grip - Extra Strength 45 Grams - Better Grip Aid for Pole Dancing, Aerial Silks & Aerial Hoop - Dry Hands and Ultimate Grip - Waterproof Beeswax Formula
- Highly recommended for all pole dancers
- iTac2 – The Choice of Champions
- iTAC2 Level 4 is now (Extra Strength)
- Better control and accuracy
Mighty Grip Pole Dance Gloves Hot Pink (Small)
- Prevents injuries caused by sweaty bare hands slipping off the pole.
- Adds layer of protection between your hands and the dance pole to protect your skin from calluses.
- Helps grip the pole allowing you to do more advanced dance moves without slipping.
- Great for beginners who are trying to build their strength.
- Absorbs sweat which causes slipping on the dance pole.
Mighty Grip Black Pole Dancing Ankle Protectors with Tack Strips for Gripping The Pole (X-Large)
- Prevents injuries caused by slipping off the pole.
- Adds layer of protection between your lower legs and dance pole to minimize bruising on your skin.
- Helps grip the pole for more advanced moves.
- Great for beginners who are trying to build their strength.
- Absorbs sweat which causes slipping on the dance pole.