Pole dancing has grown in popularity over the years as a fitness activity, with increased awareness of its benefits to the body. The number of pole fitness classes across the US states is increasing and so are your options.
Unfortunately, this is not the case for Casper and Wyoming state as a whole. So, if you are looking for pole dancing classes in Casper, there is no pole dancing school in the entire Wyoming state. In fact, the nearest pole dance class to Casper is 222 miles away in Fort Collins. This means you’ll have to drive for approximately 3 hours to attend class. Quite a distance, right?
The good news is, you can still learn pole dancing even when in Casper.
Learning at Home: Online Pole Fitness Classes
Just like any other sport or art, pole dancing is naturally progressive. This means you need to learn the basics first then progressively add on more advanced skills. It is, therefore, best to learn this skill from an experienced and trained instructor.
But if enrolling in a reputable studio is not an option for you for whatever reasons, there are many other ways you can learn pole dancing at home. They include learning through:
- trial and error
- workout DVD
- online lessons
Learning by trial and error can work well for some but can also be a risky method of learning. First of all, it is extremely time-consuming. It will take you a great deal of time to grasp the basic techniques. This can leave you worn-out, fed up, and frustrated. You’ll also be prone to accidents and it might put you off altogehter- which you could have avoided with guidance.
Relying on random videos found on social media platforms to teach yourself can also be dangerous. This is because these people make the moves look easy when in reality they are not. They also, in most cases, do not showcase the progression process from warm-ups to cooldowns. This can leave you nursing injuries. The videos are however a great source of motivation and inspiration.
Using workout DVDs is a good method of learning since they are from experienced sources and they offer techniques of warming up and cooling down.
The best way however is by enrolling in an online pole fitness class.
Online Pole Fitness Classes
It is not just enough to enroll in any online class, but one that’s reputable and offers lessons of good quality such as Open Dance Academy.
How can you decide on the best online pole fitness class, when they are flooded in the online market?
Here’s a criteria you can use to evaluate the quality of an online school.
- Reputation – a school with a good reputation in most cases offers quality services to their learners. A good reputation also means that the institution is trustworthy. Before joining any class, do a background search. Compare rankings and reviews from people. This will help you choose the best.
- Content organization – a good school should have its course content well organized. The lessons for each level should be clearly outlined with possible outcomes. This will help you as a beginner to know where to start and how to progress from one level to the next.
- Verified payment options – since you’ll be learning online, most probably your payment transactions will also be processed online. Make sure that the payment methods offered are secured before giving out your credit card number to pay up.
- Proper communication channels- As a learner you may want to ask questions and get clarifications on arising issues. The school should also be able to communicate the same to you. A two-way engagement establishes the credibility of a school.
On that note, here’s our top pick for online pole classes.
Open Dance Academy
The Open Dance Academy is an online platform that offers pole dance video lessons from world-renowned experts like Jamilla Deville, Pink Puma, Yvonne Smink, and more!
Their lessons are suitable for all levels of expertise and come with assessment tests. They have a package that offers over 450 online videos with a lifetime accessibility plan. All for just a one-time fee!
Before deciding on doing a complete course, as a beginner, you can start with the trial course or free lessons available on their website.
Open dance Academy gives you excellent value for your money. Visit their website for more information.
Requirements for online learning
Enrolling in an online class without the necessary equipment is like trying to learn how to swim on dry land. To successfully take on instructions you will need:
- the internet
- a computer/phone and,
- a pole
Now, with so many brands and options in the market, it can be difficult to decide on the perfect pole for you.
But worry not, we’ve already prepared a guide for you here, to walk you through the journey of pole shopping.
Get Involved in the Online Community!
The online pole dance community is large, warm and very supportive of one another. It is huge, especially on YouTube and Instagram. Learning at home can get very lonely at times and the best way to curb this is by joining the online community.
You can join online pole groups and forums, like Reddit, Facebook pages, and subscribe to YouTube channels of some advanced pole models. If you see a great video posted online, tell them how much you enjoyed it. This is a great and easy way to start conversations.
Associate yourself with the emerging trends. Try the fun pole challenges posted on social media and record yourself doing them. Attend events and conventions that are organized occasionally by the community to physically interact and expand your connections. Just get yourself out there and connect.
You can eventually build your own online following and interact with your audience while having fun.
Key points to take home…
- There are various ways to learn pole dancing without attending a physical studio
- Learning through trial and error or with random YouTube videos is not advisable
- The best way to learn at home is by a reputable online class
- Get yourself out there and interact with the online community to beat the loneliness that comes with learning at home.